- Reduce in-stream nonpoint source nitrogen loads by 41 percent.
- Reduce in-stream nonpoint source phosphorus loads by 29 percent.
- Reduce flood risk in Lime Creek and downstream.
- Maintain and improve aquatic habitat.
- Maintain and increase agricultural productivity and profitability.
The Iowa Soybean Association, with support from the Walton Family Foundation, has developed a Watershed Improvement Plan specifically for the Lime Creek Watershed. It outlines what they believe would have to happen in the watershed to meet the following goals:
Marty St. Clair is a chemistry and environmental studies professor at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.