- Laura Bybee ('15) stopped by after completing over 1400 miles on the Appalachian Trail since May. After many adventures, she will be beginning graduate school in soil science at the University of Wisconsin, Madison in January.
- We're collaborating with Rebecca Kauten, a Ph.D. student in the Department of Geographical and Sustainability Sciences, to study the effects of road salt on metal mobilization in soils near streets.
- Congratulations to Mary Skopec, a long term collaborator and friend, on her appointment as director of Iowa's Lakeside Laboratory.
- One more tool in our toolbox - we now have a TitraLab AT1000 autotitrator capable of analysing for hardness and alkalinity.
- Coe now has a permeable parking lot, which reduces our stormwater output by about 750,000 gallons per year. Find out more at permeablecoe.weebly.com.
Marty St. Clair is a chemistry and environmental studies professor at Coe College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.