Resources we turn to frequently:
- Iowa Flood Information System - check the latest stage information for many sites across Iowa. There is also information on river stages and flooding for many Iowa cities. (From the Iowa Flood Center)
- Iowa Water Quality Information System - get real time water quality data from many sites in Iowa - including nitrate, dissolved oxygen, chlorophyll, temperature, and more. (Also from the Iowa Flood Center.)
- Iowa DNR Ambient Stream Monitoring - see where the state of Iowa regularly takes water samples, and get the results.
- EPA Clean Water Act Methods - standard methods used for analysis of surface waters. We're big fans of 200.7, 300.0, and 365.1.
- US Geological Survey Methods - another great source of methods for careful sampling and analysis.
- Iowa Environmental Mesonet - the place to go if you need rainfall or temperature information.